Here's what's going on in my life of late:
-In rehearsals for Candide. It's going to be just ok, not great, not painful. Runs August 29-Sept 21st, if you are so inclined. The script is funny, and it's all emsemble-y, which is nice. It'll be funnier if you know things about Voltaire.
-Starting work on LEVYdance's home season. November 12-15. I've seen 2 of the 3 new pieces that are going up, and we're also doing NuNu from the rep. They are all amazing, very diverse pieces. I've seen the beginnings of the 3rd new piece, and it's looking pretty good. You should definitely come see this, as it's a company I love, the show is going to be great, it's in an alley, and it's my first big(ish) design in the city.
-Living in Oakland. I kind of love it.
-Commuting to the city on Wednesdays and Sundays to see my friendies.
-Thinking about what's next. I applied for my first non-theater job post-college on Friday, which created a huge tailspin in my world. I've come out of the swirl of confusion and self-doubt feeling pretty good. It'll be (if I get hired) a flexible retail job, that will be my health insurance job. I have some strangely big holes in my schedule, when I'm teaching strange hours in Marin and will be getting paid enough to live on, but have time to work some more hours but it'd be hard/impossible to take other shows. And, when I'm in crazy tech week(or weeks in the spring for the festival), I can work one or two shifts a week and keep the job/health insurance. I'm feeling good about this, as it's a job I won't hate, that'll be flexible so theater will still be my profession, and they don't expect me to stay forever. And, I will be able to go to the doctor/dentist/get new glasses. The only negative side is that I will probably stay in the east bay (if I get this job). The only gig I have in SF in the coming year is November home season for LEVYdance. I'll commute a lot that week, and once a week or so before/after to see rehearsals/meet with Ben. Other than the sporadic electrics calls (I have 5 days of work this month), that's it in SF. If I'm working this retail job in Berkeley, and mostly working up in San Anselmo, it doesn't make sense to live in the city. Also, I am having a really hard time finding a place to live in my price range. It's cheaper, and there are more options out here. Anyway, we'll see. I haven't stopped looking for a place in the city, because I love love love it there, and I miss my friends and the neighborhood feel (you know, having a coffee shop/restaurant/anything else you could possibly need within walking distance).
-Maybe going to LA for a few days in October. Meeting up with my mom (it's half way), and seeing some friends from AZ that are going to Cal Arts. Had sort of planned an LA trip with another friend, but I feel like it's maybe a bad idea and not actually going to happen. Seeing my mom would be great, too.
-Becoming a bit more active in the local Couch Surfing community. Which is awesome.
-Missing the summer Olympics AGAIN. Although, I can catch up online, I just haven't yet.
-Katie was here last week. It was fantastic. I miss her like crazy, and she should move to SF next year.
-Another ASU friend is moving here this week! That makes 3 of us! Hooray!
Alright. Will be in the city on Thursday during the day for sure. Maybe Wednesday, too, if I can find a place to crash that night. As for Arizona...I thought I had 3 weeks off in December and was going to do a week in Phoenix, a week in Tucson and a week in Mexico. Now it looks like I have about a week and a half off, and if I get this silly retail job I may not be in Phoenix at all. Then, I leave on tour on Dec 31st (look for me in Washington DC, New York, and one more city yet to be named). So, next AZ visit: no idea. Maybe April (that'd make a year...geh). Also, in LA again the first week of April (on tour again), and pac northwest in June.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
but, BUT! It could be your yearly trip for Colin's birthday!
Post a Comment