Wednesday, May 14, 2008

plants and bruises and a heat wave

I'm sitting at the little desk in my little room, enjoying watching puppy crawl around his little tank checkin' out the world. It's the first day he's come out of his hide-y hole, and taken a look around. He's feeling like home, for now. And then, I realized. It's the first day I've felt comfortable, too. Me and puppy, we're together in this moving around a lot new people new places thing. The internet was down at work today, so no work really got done. Mostly we just hung out, made ridiculous plans, talked a little about working (tomorrow) and more about life. I moved some furniture with one person. Made plans for swordfighting later with another, and then walked home with another person. Talked about my desire to have a home base and buy a plant. She offered to lend me a potted plant for the summer, to love and to green my wee little room. So, I dropped off my stuff in my kitchen, and walked on over to her apartment and temporarily adopted two little potted plants. I did a little work at home, 'cause I didn't really do any at work, and then I headed out. Can I just say how much I love leaving the house carrying nothing but a Nalgene? Well, it's a lot. Small towns are super. I went over to Tyler's house (some of you may know him as the super goofy guy in Grasshopper, that played the drunk guy), hung out with him and Kate (his girlfriend) a little, and then Tyler and I grabbed swords and headed for the amphitheater. Bamboo swords, friends. The rules: if you get hit in the arm/hand, it's dead. Same goes for legs. If both your legs get hit, then you have to kneel on the ground. Both hands, you're out. Torso, you're out. Head or crotch, the person that hit you is out. And begin. It was the first meeting of the Blue Lake Sword Fighting Club. Some of the PTP's and the M1's (first year dell arte students) came along and joined for awhile. I didn't totally suck. I won a few times. And, I have some amazing bruises (which are probably going to hurt tomorrow).

Oh, and did I mention it was 75 degrees today? That's hot for this neck of the woods. And that's when I really realized that I am an Arizonan no longer. I walked out of the house today, and thought....geez....it's hot today. Yep. Awesome.

In other news, as you probably know, John Edwards officially endorsed Barack Obama this evening. Just in time to grab the nightly news headlines away from Hillary winning West Virginia. We all knew that it was coming, it just came a little sooner than I thought it would. Also, Elizabeth totally voted for Hillary and will be keeping more in the background. Except to goad Obama about his health care plan (which needs goading). I feel a little bit like my support for Obama after my love (john e.) dropped out is validated.

Also. I'll be in SF Friday night. Let's wander around the city.

No comments: