Friday, September 5, 2008

another boring list of updates

-moved (well, still in progress sort of) back to the city. tonight I will sleep in my very own bed for the first time since May '07. my books are unpacked and put on my bookshelf (sorted and alphabetized, of course), my little dresser that my grandmother painted when she was 16 is standing empty, waiting for clothes, my candles sit on a my windowsill, and I am very joyful. I did, however, pick the hottest 2 days in SF since I've been here to move. I was sweaty and miserable and carried all of my boxes by myself.
-opened Candide. come see it.
-fired someone for the first time ever.
-held a formal interview for the first time ever (not related to the firing), and hired him to be my master electrician/lighting assistant for my 6 YES theater shows this year.
-found a replacement for the aforementioned fired person, and she is amazing and totally great.
-lappy broked. trying to fix it. not going well.
-got 3 jobs offers in 24 hours for the same span of time in October. I think that I can take two, passed the third one on to a friend.

in general, i've been working way too much, and spent my only day off in 3 weeks moving all day. i feel totally broke, as every tech theater person in the bay area does at the end of August (every single electrician-y I know either barely made rent, or had to borrow money...I need to remember this for next year, and save more in preparation for this very very slow month of no work). Unpacking and sorting through all my stuff has made me miss my phoenix peeps a lot, as has the difficult task of downsizing by about half in the transition from my big, comfy Tempe house to my tiny little SF apartment. Alright, time for food and packing up my sublet. One more afternoon of moving, and then I have to be done.

No comments: