Wednesday, November 14, 2007

my tv watching habits

i watch west wing on dvd. And, I am totally addicted to 2 tv shows which are somewhat embarrassing (Grey's Anatomy, and the spin off, Private Practice). However, I watch these 2 show every week while sitting at my computer. I feel like I need to forego my addiction for a few days, weeks, months....however long this strike lasts. So, I've watched my last episodes for a while. Please, don't tell me what happens, I will catch up when I can watch in a way that the writers will get paid for. In the broader scheme of things, I feel that showing corporate America that unions still have weight is very very important in the time of Walmart domination. The IWW still operates, by the way. Anyway, hooray unions. Hooray shutting down tv for a bit. People like me are already missing their Daily Show, but soon enough Grey's Anatomy will run out of episodes....and the masses will scream. Because, damn it, we can't live without our tv. So, show your support, sign a petition, don't watch tv online, and be generally politically active without really having to do anything. Everybody wins, except giant corporations....but they were due for a loss anyway.

No comments: