Tuesday, November 20, 2007

today makes me happy

I worked on scheduling production meetings today, trying to get everyone's schedules to match, for the meetings I was supposed to have on December 22nd and 29th (which is why I didn't think I would make it to Tempe when I am home for Christmas). And. Not a single one of the 4 meetings between can happen on either of those two days. Well, one of them can. On the 22nd. I hope they don't want to do it. Anyway, the mime troupe office closes the 17th for the holidays. And I havn't taken any work for that time period. So. I might get to go to Arizona for 2 weeks. Which would mean (hopefully) an entire week in Tempe. AND with holiday plane ticket prices....it's actually cheaper to drive. So, I'll be in Tempe, and I will have my car. Oh happiness.

Also. I have lived in San Francisco for 6 months as of today...in fact, right about now. It doesn't feel like it's been 6 months. I've been working so much, and interning at the Troupe was such a self contained thing, that I've basically put my personal life on hold. I've been doing really well as far as working in theater goes. I mean, I'm making a living doing only theater work. I thought that it would take a year or more to get to this point. Which is exciting. But, I miss my Tempe friends like crazy still. I am just starting to make real friends here (besides Liza...oh, how i wouldn't survive without her). And Liza is gone for the next 3 weeks. I foresee a lot of hanging out with Amanda coming on. Which is exciting. Including tonight, hooray celebrating 6 months.

It's been a strange week. Insanity at the troupe yesterday, Liza, Allison (the part time bookkeeper) and I all worked until 7. We have a new general manager. I think I like him personally, but I'm not sure about how he'll do here. He's energetic, at least. But I think he wants to make too many sweeping changes before seeing how things work now. It is nice to have someone here that is making decisions, and can poke at the collective a little more vigorously than either Liza and I can to get them to do something. Also, the show is strange. It's very odd to be working on a touring show that is still touring, but I'm at home. There is a very different mentality about togetherness and just how you live when you are on tour, as opposed to doing a show in one city that is home. The dichotomy of me feeling like home, but the show being on tour, and most of the rest of the people being one tour, is pretty strange. But, it's going ok. I still adore the people that I'm working with at Dell'Arte. Midnight showing of The Shining was great fun, and we were all perky and awake for our sunday matinee, amazingly.

I'm ready to move out of the mime troupe, it's cold and dark and lonely and a hard place to work, much less work for free. But, it still doesn't make sense at all for me to leave and find a place. Paying rent for January is just stupid. Even more so if I really do get to go to AZ for 2 weeks. But, the cold is really getting difficult. Upstairs it isn't too bad (i even turned off the space heater by my desk at about noon today), but downstairs where it gets no sun and is too big for a space heater it's kind of miserable. It was really hard to get out of bed this morning....mostly because of how cold it was. I am in the process of moving upstairs to the band room, which will help.

I will post some pictures from the Oregon tour soon. I haven't gotten them on my computer yet. Life has been a bit hectic since getting home. Loading in and 4 shows this weekend, plus working at the troupe like crazy, and seeing Liza before she left means my laundry still isn't done and I haven't really unpacked or caught up on my own work. Sigh. Thursday and Friday....that's when it will happen. Maybe not so much Thursday. Anyway, back to work. Love.

No comments: