Wednesday, January 30, 2008

and then

I got goosebumps driving home from work today. Partly because I had just rolled down my window to pay the toll, but mostly because of the amazing view. I was driving back into the city via the GG Bridge, just before sunset. It was raining (day 8), but the sun was poking through. The hills rose in front of me, sun reflecting off the windows of the buildings rising above the water. To my left, the bay was calm, Alcatraz looked almost peaceful. To my right, the sun through rain clouds over the ocean. And goosebumps. It's a long commute to Fairax, and North Bay kids are pretty strange to my southern arizona sensibilities, but the drive is beautiful, and I am sharing what I love with the next generation. How much like a crazy SF hippie do I sound?

Then, I had movies and risotto and then mmmm mmmm real hot chocolate with Gilly and Liza and Kate and it was fantastic. As was movie #1: This Is England, I strongly recommend. It's intense and hard to watch and beautiful and sad. Movie #2, Old Boy, I mostly slept through, but it looked kind of crazy and heavy and very gory and in Korean.

No comments: