Hello friends. So, we finished our DC run. We were reviewed in The Washington Post. It was a pretty decent review. Apparently the reviewer that came always hates modern dance, and is a total bitch. She said some really nice things about our show, and some not so nice things as well, but all in all it was pretty positive. I went on tourist adventures with Greg, the lighting designer. The company as a whole (including greg and me) has decided that we are an old married couple. We kind of are. Anyway, we got up early on Sunday morning, which was hard after the show Saturday night. We went to the Washington monument (and up to the top...it was pretty rockin'), the WWII memorial (I haven't seen it before, it's pretty new, and I hate it), the Smithsonian castle, the capitol building, library of congress and the supreme court. I mean, we just walked by some of these up close (the steps and such). And we tried to have lunch at the smithsonian. Let me tell you, muffins, that being a vegetarian is HARD when you're eating at touristy places. I had a bag of chips. Greg had a veggie wrap, which I couldn't eat because of all the raw-ness of everything. Boo. I got a cup of soup, but took a bite, and it had HAM in it. Both of the soups they had had meat, and neither of them normally do. Luckily, they were very understanding and nice and gave me a refund.
We sold out our show on Saturday, and Sunday was pretty packed, although not totally sold out. Dance Place was pretty happy with our run, and the audience loved the show. And the house techs are amazing. Sunday we had a 4pm show, then strike, then company (all 6 of us) home for food. Then, we met up with some of Brooke's college friends, and Ben (DancePlace's td, who is my age), and Ben's awesome friend and went out for drinks. They took us to this great place with lots and lots of beer (puts Papago to shame, my friends), and I had this amazing amazing hefe, a suggestion from our server. It's from Germany (as a good hef should be), brewer: Ayinger. I think. Anyway. It was possibly the best hef I've ever had. It made me joyous. And, it was generally a good night out. Greg and I have been kind of off on our own away from the dancers, so it was good to spend some time with them. I'm making progress is feeling more like a company member, and I think NY will really cement that. All 5 of us are staying in a one bedroom apartment. Also, Greg won't be around as much for me to run off with. ALSO!!!! I am (hopefully probably) going to see Hansel and Gretel with Summer tomorrow at the met. Oh, how I love opera. And this is opera, my friends. Win. Anyway, I must run off to pack and clean and bed. Leaving at 8:30 am. And it's after 1 now. Hooray 5 hour bus rides! New York tomorrow. My first visit. I'm a little intimidated by this city, and, I think really, doing a show there. Especially during (and for) APAP. I'm ready. I'm just really glad it wasn't our first stop. Love love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment