I woke up early on a Saturday morning. I got dressed. I made myself some hot water with lemon. I packed up supplies for the day: a boom box, 2 flashlights, lots of pens, a pad of paper, some cds, a scarf...you know, the usual things you need for work. I got in my car, opened the gate, pulled out into the driveway. And. The gate closed. And. I was leaving early for work even. That's a pretty good start. Anyway, drove through the city, across the bridge, up to San Anselmo. By the by, that is a drive that, despite it's length (depending on traffic, up to 1 hour and a half each way), never gets old. It's fantastically beautiful. Especially on the way back into the city, if you cross the bridge right at sunset. Mmphh. Oh. Right. Back to my day. I had "mock tech" today. With 2 of my classes of elementary school kids. 27 4th and 5th graders, from 2 different schools (so they don't know each other) in one small room on a Saturday morning. And every single one of them was happy to be there. I am an f*ing badass teacher. So, I taught 4th and 5th graders how to run a show today. And then we did a little practice. My spot ops had flashlights, my sound op had a boom box, my light board op had the light switch to the room and the blinds, my a.s.m. and run crew moved around music stands and a trash can and a piano bench. And my stage managers (one for each class) called a few cues. Let me tell you, they called those cues better than some I've witnessed (coughWASPcough). Then I drove home. Already mentioned the drive home. Then I had an interview to stage manage Candide for Rough and Tumble theater company. Good interview. Want to do the show. Even though it pays next to nothing. And then I walked to Dolores park, and sat at the top and people watched and read act 1 of Candide and enjoyed the perfect and amazing weather. Then I came home, and I've been hanging with Gilly and Lisa and Pat and Flower and having some hot water with lemon and some dinner. Oh, and watching a bit of season 2 of west wing. And, right now, I'm writing to the artistic director of Dell'Arte to express my interest in technical directing the Mad River Festival, on the request/suggestion of the production manager and the booking manager. Rockin'. I loved working for them on Grasshopper. And I would love to spend some more time in Blue Lake. Also, the Mad River Festival sounds like pretty good times. So. I had a pretty good day. But, alas, I can't recite the members of Congress in alphabetical order.
also. obama won louisiana, nebraska, washington and the virgin islands today. good.
also. becca today said to me:
"i should pay myself or something"
and
"i'm trying to eat more stuff"
I miss her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment