I'm back in SF. It might be home, but I'm not sure yet, the topic of several conversations with various people in the last week. Anyway, things I did in AZ
-saw an amazing amazing play. no, really, probably the second best play I've seen in the last year. and i went to NY in that time.
-went to Colin's first birthday party. he not only remembered me, but when he heard his mother say my name as i walked in, he turned around, and then WALKED towards me. Last time I saw that kid, he was barely crawling. It was joyous.
-Spent from 2pm-2am at a bar. Well, two bars. I was at Papago when the opened, had some lunch (and a small bit of beer), took the bus to Four Peaks, and stayed until closing. I saw a friend I hadn't seen in two years, I planned a trip to visit someone at Cal Arts (she starts grad school in August), I found out that I am in a friend's will, I had a very drunken argument about practicing what you preach and living sustainably, and I may have drank more than a few pints.
-I went to Haji Baba and had yummy yummy food. And, for the first time since I moved away, my same old server didn't remember my name.
-I went sailing for the first time! It was great! I got a little sunburn.
-I sat next to the owner of Baggins on the Phoenix-Tucson shuttle.
-I brushed my dogs and took them for walks.
-I stayed up until 3am reading.
-I got a spa treatment (courtesy of my fantastic mother), it was fancy and strange. They wrapped me up in plastic like a mummy for part of it.
-I bought books at a used bookstore.
-I bought bread and daffodils, both of which I brought back to SF on the plane.
-I burned the crap out of a part of my hand. It looks pretty disgusting, and is going to leave a rockin' scar with a stupid story.
-I knit a hat (well, a lot of it on the plane home).
And now I am back in the land of wind and cold and work. But, no nightmares here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment