The festival closed on Saturday. I got sloppy drunk with Lindsey B. I talked to Nick about SF, he told me it will be an entirely different city when I get back. It's true. I will miss this wee little town that has become home. I'll be back for Thanksgiving.
I'll be driving down on Wednesday morning, just in time for a production meeting in Berkeley. Also, I still have no place to live in the city. I'll be crashing on an air mattress in the inner richmond until Gillian and Lindsey get tired of me/i find a place to live, Puppy in tow. So. If you know of a place with cheap rent and good people, give me a call. I have some interviews set up, so it's not looking super bleak, but you never know.
I told a friend today, as we were driving around returning things from the festival, that Blue Lake has solved all my problems. I may not have a place to live, and am looking for a day job for two months, but I have my shit together more than I have in the past year. I have money in my bank account, my student loan payments got reduced because of on time and over payments, I've gotten my self confidence back, I've made good friends, and got a bad ass resume credit. I'm feeling good about life. I have no idea where I'll be in a week, and I'm not terrified.
Also. There are one or three people that I am very excited to see back in SF. That feels good. Hooray for beer and burritos and gossip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment