Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Project! And my semi-weekly update.

This is for all my friendies that knit or crochet. I've just embarked on a long term knitting project, and I'm begging for help. I want to make a "quilt" out of knit squares. So, if you have a bit of leftover yarn, or want to try out a new pattern, or just feel like you want to mail me a square....do it up. I'm asking for 4inch and 8inch squares, and eventually I'll assemble it into some sort of crazy, multi-colored and textured blanket full of love. I'll try to post pictures as people send me/I make squares. Anyway, if you are so inclined to bang one or two out, my address for the next 2 weeks is:
P.O. Box 323
Blue Lake, CA 95525
After July 29th, I have no idea where I'll be living (YIKES!!! Craigslist, don't fail me now!).

In other news, I don't want to move to Blue Lake permanently....yet. It's the kind of place that if I come up here, I'll stay forever. I'm not ready to leave San Francisco OR settle anywhere at this point. I still have a lot of discovering and working and traveling to do. Also, a certain boss o' mine makes me absolutely crazy, and I couldn't work with him full time.

And. I've been having the most amazing, happy, peaceful week. Day on the river, time at friend Greg's up Fickle Hill (think very few people, and redwoods in the backyard), 2 potlucks this week, movie night in the Carlo (hosted by me!), game night, boozy nights at the logger, a day entirely off and I got to go see a show at Dell Arte without working (hooray my intern), baking, knitting, and care package making. So. In short, life is good.


Also. some disease wiped out meal worms recently. No more for 6 weeks. I have to drive to Eureka probably once a week to buy crickets until meal worms are around again. And, the chirping is already driving me crazy.

5 comments:

Meg said...

oooh me me! Also, my sister moves to San Francisco on August 11th. Yessirree Bob. She would like to munch some food with you. :)

Anonymous said...

I love you. And I love living vicariously through your blog. It was lovely talking to you the other day.

Guillermo said...

My plan to drive Mollie mad is going perfectly...mwahahaha!

As well as my plan to keep Puppy from being a fatty.

elfro said...

wiat...a quilt made from left over knit squares??? No way! Where could you possibly have gotten that idea???!!! HA- just joking wit ya. But seriously- take my squares and put them to use. I clearly haven't been able to do it!

Mollie said...

delicious: i didn't remember you were making this quilt. i just thought i was a genius. sad. well, when our quilts combine...